1. Launch putty and connect to your Cisco router or switch
2. Enter the user exec mode
If password protected, enter password.
3. Enter the terminal length 0 command
router# terminal length 0
This will return the entire response at once instead of one screen at a time without the –more– prompts requiring you to hit enter over and over again.
4. Right-click on the menu bar at the top of the Putty screen and select “Change Settings”
5. Go to Session and click on Logging, select “Log all session output”
6. Click on Browse and choose the location and the name of the file and click apply.
8. Now enter the show run command
router# show run
Confirm that the output was saved and that config.txt file is indeed the correct configuration.